Updated 07/29/2012 03:36 PM
Early morning fires in Troy leave two families homeless
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
TROY, N.Y. -- Firefighters said carelessness while cooking started the first of two Troy fires on Sunday morning. Police said the first happened at a multi-family home on the 200 block of 9th Street. They said the first broke out in the back of the home around 1:40 a.m. after someone was not watching what they were cooking.
Officials said the second broke out in the laundry room of a home on 2nd Street just after 6:00 a.m. No injuries were reported in the fires. Fire officials said neither fire is being considered suspicious.