Updated 12/02/2011 09:31 PM
City delivers letter to Occupy Albany protesters
Albany Occupiers got mail Friday: A letter from the city that says no more overnight camping after December 22nd. Erin Vannella has more.
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
ALBANY, N.Y. -- It looks like Occupy Albany protesters will be forced to head home soon.
We have learned protesters were issued a letter explaining safety violations that would force them to leave Albany's Academy Park this month.
According to the Occupy Albany Facebook page, the city served occupiers with a letter the website is calling a "Cease and Desist Order." In it, the city reminds protesters they have not yet applied for a permit to be in the park as a "large group."
Last month, protesters received a memo with at least a half-dozen proposed restrictions from the city. The city called it a "memorandum of understanding."
Among the restrictions: There are only two heaters and one electric generator allowed, only 30 tents can be set up at any one time and there's a rule against cooking and open flames.
Friday's memo says the city cannot ignore the public safety issues that come with the colder weather.
Protesters have to secure a permit by December 6th or risk going against the city. And, according to the letter, all protests will have to end by December 22nd.