Updated 09/29/2011 05:00 AM
Getaway Guy: Fall Getaways!
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
Fall family fun is all around us! Here are 5 of my favorite fall getaways.
- Powers Farm Market, 161 Marsh Rd. in Pittsford, N.Y. is known for their giant teepees! Walk inside to view the floor-to-top lit pumpkins. They also offer, for a fee, Halloween daytime and nighttime hayrides through the forest next to the market. This ride is perfect for all ages because it is mildly spooky. (585) 586-4631
- Zarpentine Farms in Hilton, N.Y. may be the proud owners of the world's largest corn maze, open Friday nights and Saturdays and Sundays, day and night. $8.50 ages 12+, $6.50 4-11. Under 3 are free. 163 Burritt Rd., Hilton, N.Y. (585) 392-3611
- Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence, N.Y. is all about pumpkins and family fun. This annual Erie County fall tradition is happening daily from 10am to dusk through October.
- Critz Farms, Route 13 in Cazenovia, N.Y. is famous for their fall fun through October.
- Fly Creek Cider Mill near Cooperstown in central New York is a fantastic place to get a great taste of fall. Fresh cider pressed every day, food tastings, wonderful fresh baked goods and more. This is their 155th year! (607) 547-9692 County Road 26, Otsego County