Updated 08/09/2012 05:10 PM
Child playing with lighter cause of Pawdling Avenue fire
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
SCHENECTADY, N.Y. -- A four-year-old playing with a lighter caused a house fire in Schenectady.
According to the fire chief, the child was playing with the lighter in the kitchen pantry at an apartment on Pawdling Avenue just after 9 p.m. Wednesday. The fire was quickly put out, but the fire chief says it was very intense.
The Red Cross is helping the 13 people who lived at the two family home. No one was hurt.